downthetubes is undergoing some main site refurbishment...

This blog is no longer being updated

The downthetubes news blog was assimilated into our main site back in 2013.

Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for other British comics news, comic creating guides, interviews and much more!

Thursday 12 June 2008

Venal Muse Goes Online

Venal Muse(Via: Richard Bruton of Fictions): Small press artist Marc Ellerby has just made Venal Muse, his mini comic from 2006, available in its entirety online.

'I drew this in late 2006, but I think it eventually came out around February 2007," Marc explains. "It was to tie in with an exhibition of the same name that my friend John was putting on in Brick Lane - I thought the show was great, mainly because old friends were reunited and as a force we kicked some arty arse.'

'I really like this comic," he adds. "It's a bit flat in places and maybe doesn't hit the right notes, but I still think it holds it's own a year on. I made it into a mini comic and it's sold out now (there might be a few copies at Dave's Comics in Brighton...) so I present to you the first mini I ever made and sold in it's entirety. A couple of hundred are out there in the world and I hope everyone enjoyed them. Lemme know what you think and feel free to spread this link around.

Enjoy!"

No comments:

Latest News on downthetubes.net

Contact downthetubes

• Got a British Comics News Story? E-mail downthetubes!

• Publishers: please contact for information on where to post review copies and other materials: editor@downthetubes.net

Click here to subscribe to our RSS NewsFeed

Powered by  FeedBurner